Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Stringing

Oh, I love making string blocks.  I have three ideas going.  One quilt, Colorful Star Strings will be blocks put together to create stars.  Red, blue, yellow, purple, orange, and green Stars.  I saw a picture of this two years ago.  Now has moved from my thinking to being completed.

Second string quilt block units will have a white center strip, so a secondary pattern will emerge when all are put together.  I just grab a foundation and sew til I have a pile on the floor next to me.  I like this simple, mindless sewing.

The additional block units I am making are just random pull the strings out and sew them to the foundation, for a later quilt!

Tomorrow I will concentrate on my Disappearing Hour Glass.  I need to get that top done, quilted and ready to go for our February guild meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment