Sunday, January 4, 2015

Quilting Challenges for 2015

January gets me motivated to dig into my UFO quilt tops that are in various stages of work.

Tonight I am putting on last border of my Blue Pineapple Blossom Quilt.   I have fallen love with this blue and white top.   Last border will finish the top.  Next step, prepare backing material and get on to the long arm.    

The next project in the sewing room ready to be finished is scrappy string quilt.  The units have to be put together and then borders added.  This quilt is a gift to my brother.  Need to get done as his birthday was in August...

I am close to finishing this quilt, this week.

I am working on a no buy year...need to get current material put into quilts.

Resolutions 2015:  
  • to complete quilts so I can work to reduce current UFO List
  • work to have a "no buy year"; visit other quilters who can swap materials, purchase only necessary buys to complete current UFO's
  • create a new list for projects that come up after January 1.

Weekly Stash Report 2015

Fabric Used this Week: 7 yards (border, backing and binding)
Fabric Used year to Date:  7 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Added for 2015: 0 yards


I think I will take a picture to support me in my stash busting.  Stash busting has me working to use material and projects I already have on hand. So helpful to have a creative husband who is using my stash to build quilts of his own to share with others..

How do I account for fabric given to me?   I have been gifted a wonderful pile of scraps....12 bags of fabric sorted by color, along with a box of strips.  The strips are going into the next string quilt.  But wait, that would be an add to my UFO list.  Guess will add that new projects started this year list!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment