Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Stitchers

Getting ready to go to my Sunday Stitchers gathering this afternoon.  The Sunday Stitchers meet twice a month to work on current individual projects, share ideas, ask questions or get assistance from each other on  a technique.  Today, I am sharing my Stitcher's Bible.  Making this stitch bible was a wonderful way for me to get to know how my machine works and see all the wonderful stitches available for future projects.  I put my pages of sample stitches in plastic sleeves and put them all in a light weight three-ring notebook.  I can easily carry this around with me for stitch reference on projects.  It has a home in the drawer next to my machine along with the machine manual.   A nice plastic reference guide did come with my Janome but  I found that in making the stitch bible the stitches came to life.  I can easily select stitches for the project I am creating.

I am taking along scrappy stars to put the three layers together to prepare for machine quilting.  I have been in love with this quilt top since the day I stitched it together.  Now I am getting it to the final stages, quilting the top and adding the binding!

No comments:

Post a Comment