Monday, August 5, 2013

Scraps in the Sewing Room

Wow, spent the last three days in my sewing area.  I took a picture from each corner of the room.  When I looked at the four pictures I realized the room is a mess.  So now the goal is to organize, put things away and "fling" items out of the space to make area easier to use!

Part of the sewing area re-organization was prompted by a "gift" of material.  I have just sorted a "trash bag" of beautiful materials to sort and cut so they are usable!  It was a wonderful selection of fat quarters, 1/8 yard cuts and some 1 yard cuts.  What treasures!  Materials I would not usually purchase so this will be a good challenge to use.    In the materials were flower designs small, medium and large.  Material I would not buy, so now need pattern to use with large flower prints.  Found a pattern in my notebook.  The Muskegon Guild had Jan Krueger and Linda Marcou present a trunk show.  They shared handouts on several quilts in the trunk show.  Simplified Railroad Crossing is a Mary Ellen Hopkins patten they shared.  This is the pattern I am going to try.   Their presentation was great.  Quilts were gorgeous.  They explained a challenge they made between each other to use up their stash by not adding to stash, using each others stash and completing tops.  Their enthusiasm was wonderful.  The quilts they shared were great.  I will post a sample block of new quilt in process as soon as it gets completed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment